New Zealand UK Tax Refund Guide
Are you from New Zealand and worked in the UK, or an expat living in NZ?
You could be owed a UK tax refund.
Thousands of New Zealanders come to the UK to work, with many Brit’s going the other way to start a new in life in NZ. Either way, it’s easy to forget about the tax you leave behind, but you could be missing out on a large UK tax refund.
Don’t leave it too late: you’ve got four years to make a claim. After that it’s too late and you won’t be able to reclaim your tax back.
Claiming a UK tax rebate from New Zealand has no affect on your right to return and work in the UK.
Am I entitled a UK Tax Refund if I’ve moved to New Zealand?
Yes, it’s open to everyone who has paid tax in the UK. It’s important to know that you won’t get your UK tax refund automatically, to get back what you are owed you need to make an official claim.
What can I claim UK tax relief for from New Zealand?
The answer is it depends on your circumstances. There are a number of factors meaning you could be entitled to claim. These include:
- Not using all of your tax free personal allowance in the year you leave the UK.
- Paying UK tax on income when you’re not living in the UK. For example, pension or rental income.
- Having an incorrect tax code.
- Not claiming for expenses you had because of your job.
We’ll ask you some quick questions to help you find out what you can reclaim.
How much tax can I claim back?
The average tax back for our New Zealand clients is between £800 and £1500. There are are a few factors that affect how much you might be due, like the amount of tax you’ve paid and if you’ve had any other sources of income.
What paperwork do I need to start?
To start a claim we will need a:
- P85, which we can give you. The P85 tells the tax office about your date of leaving and some other details about your tax position.
- P45, which is given to you by your last employer. You are still eligible to claim for your tax back even if your P45 is not available.
How do I get this UK tax back from New Zealand?
Making a claim, especially when you’ve already left the UK, can be difficult and time consuming. Our service makes it easy and has been helping New Zealanders and UK expats for over 15 years. We will ensure you’re refunded all of the tax you have overpaid and not just for the tax year you left the UK.
The great news is that the tax rebate you receive is not classed as income by either HMRC or the New Zealand Tax Office, so you receive the full amount tax free.
Why Tax Rebate Services?
As a leading UK tax rebate service you can be confident your claim will be dealt with professionally and securely.
- If you don’t get a rebate, you don’t pay us a fee.
- Our qualified accountants use their expertise to take care of all the hard work on your behalf.
- We keep it easy for you by managing all aspects of your claim, including tax office correspondence.
- Guarantee you receive your maximum tax refund entitlement.
- No problem having your rebate paid into a UK or New Zealand account.
Start your claim today just fill in our online contact form, or give us a call on +44 (0) 1228 520477.
Start my UK tax refund claim today...
Contact us today & get a FREE eBook
“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”