CIS Tax Refund Guide
Did you know that, as a CIS sub contractor, you could reclaim the tax you have paid on many of your business expenses?
Sub-contractors in the construction industry are eligible for a number of allowances against the tax they pay. You could easily be paying more than your fair share of tax, simply because you are unaware of your entitlements. At Tax Rebate Services we help construction sub contractors get the CIS rebate they deserve. On average that’s over £1,500.
What is CIS?
CIS stands for Construction Industry Scheme. It’s a system run by HMRC to administer payments made to sub-contractors in the construction industry. All sub-contractors are obliged to register under the scheme and complete a CIS tax return annually.
What can I claim for?
Almost any expense that you incur as part of your job can be claimed for. The most common ones for our CIS clients are:
- Travel − including public transport costs, as well as your motorbike, van or car
- Tools and equipment – and any protective clothing
- Accommodation and subsistence – especially if you have to stay away from home
- Use of your home – including phone bills
- Professional fees – such as insurance, accountant’s fees and bank charges
It’s a good idea to hold on to your receipts for everything you have to buy, and keep a note of the places you travelled to and dates. You can use our free guides for more information.
How much CIS tax refund will I get back?
The amount you might get back depends on your total income, how much tax you paid and how much your expenses were – so it’s hard to predict a figure without knowing all these variables. As a rough guide, the average rebate we achieve for our CIS sub contractor clients is over £1,500.
What you need to get a CIS tax refund
To complete your CIS tax return you’ll need information on all of your income and outgoings. For example:
- CIS earning records, like pay statements, showing income and tax paid
- PAYE P60 or P45 certificates, if you’ve been employed
- Details of any property or investment income
- Jobseekers allowance if claimed
- Receipts or records showing any expenses you incurred
Why Tax Rebate Services?
Tax Rebate Services specialises in helping self employed CIS sub contractors reclaim the tax they are owed. Our excellent reputation is built on:
- Professionalism – only fully qualified and officially regulated accountants will handle your claim
- Transparent Pricing – your choice between a flat fee of £225+VAT or a success based percentage of your refund (no rebate no fee)
- Simplicity − our process is jargon free and time efficient
- Success – our CIS clients get an average refund of over £1500
Start my CIS tax refund today...
Contact us today & get a FREE eBook
“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”
1 Fields marked with * are compulsory.
2 OR call our tax experts 01228 520477...
3 OR email us at
CIS Tax Rebate Calculator
Use the CIS tax rebate calculator by entering your total income, tax paid, and your expenses.
The CIS calculator will give you an estimation of how much you can claim back.