Diamond and Directional Drillers’ Tax Relief

Most diamond and directional drillers are unaware that they have overpaid the Tax Office and unless you make a claim you won’t get back what you are entitled to.

Considering that your first claim can take into account all of your expenses in the last four tax years, the total amount adds up to hundreds, sometimes thousands, of pounds for diamond and directional drillers.

Do you regularly travel away from home?

If the answer is yes, you could be entitled to a tax refund, please continue to answer the questions to gain an idea of how much you could be entitled to.

Do you buy your essential special clothing and footwear to comply with Health and Safety regulations?

HMRC allows you to claim back the tax you have paid on these crucial work items.

Do you purchase some of your own tools for work?

Tools and equipment are also considered to be work expenses that have allowable tax relief.

Did you know that by not claiming this tax relief, you are essentially paying too much tax?

What work expenses can a diamond driller claim for?

This is not an exhaustive list, but will give you some idea of how much your claim could be worth.

You need to examine your individual case and submit one claim that includes the maximum number of tax reliefs that are applicable to your personal situation.

You can use our free tax refund calculators to work out how much you can claim back.

I haven’t kept any evidence; can I still submit a claim?

The Tax Office does require that some allowances have receipt evidence, usually the things that have a variable cost.

An example would be for the cost of tools. You will need to provide HMRC receipt evidence of what you have bought and when by way of a paper or digital receipt.

How do I claim a Directional Diamond Drillers’ tax rebate?

HMRC (the tax office) needs you to complete a P87 employment expenses form either online or by post. The P87 isn’t needed if you have to complete a self assessment tax return because your claim is worth £2500 or more or you submit a tax return for a different reason.

Back to Top
Back to Top