Tax Rebate Guide For Construction Workers
Employed in the construction industry? Pay for your own travel costs, tools or protective clothing?
You can claim back tax relief on your expenses for the last four tax years.
If you don’t claim, you won’t receive back the tax relief you’re entitled to. So call us today on 01228 520477 or fill out the contact form below.
Our average construction worker rebate is over £900.
What you can claim for
It might surprise you to learn what construction workers who aren’t self employed can claim for. This includes:
- Travel expenses − if you have to travel to different sites for less than 24 months, and use your own car, van, or motorbike, or even public transport.
- Tools – if you buy your own tools and aren’t reimbursed by your employer.
- Protective clothing − for example gloves and boots that aren’t supplied by your employer.
- Washing protective clothing or uniforms – even if your employer supplies the clothing you can still claim if you have to pay for cleaning it.
- Accommodation and subsistence expenses − if you’re not reimbursed in full by your employer – or are paid an allowance which is taxed.
5 things to know before you claim:
- If you don’t claim you won’t get back what your owed
- It doesn’t affect your employer
- You don’t have to be with the same employer to claim
- Receipts aren’t always needed
- Our average rebate secured for construction workers is over £900
How to make a claim
We’re experts at helping construction workers claim tax relief on their expenses. We use our knowledge and experience to keep your end of the process as uncomplicated as possible. The qualifications of our accountants are certified by the AAT, giving us professional endorsement and you extra peace of mind.
Trade specific tax rebate guides:
- Electricians tax refund guide
- Diamond and Directional drillers tax relief
- Heating Engineers’ tax back guide
- Tax refund guide for joiners
- Scaffolders’ tax rebate guide
- Plumbers tax rebates
Start my construction worker tax claim today...
Contact us today & get a FREE eBook
“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”
1 Just fill out the form below and we'll do the rest...
Fields marked with * are compulsory.
2 OR call our tax experts 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477...
3 OR email us at
£3,300 tax rebate
"Thanks very much for the cheque. I've been using my car for years, but didn't know I could claim tax back. I’ll be recording all my work travel miles from now on!"
P Graves, Site Foreman, Wales - received a £3,300 mileage tax rebate