Ireland UK Tax Refund Guide
Are you Irish and worked in the UK in the last four tax years? Or are you in Britain now and coming to the end of your stay?
Don’t forget to claim your UK tax refund.
You could lose out on hundreds, sometimes thousands, of pounds by not claiming the tax back you are due. Lots of people come from Ireland to work all over the UK and leave tax behind that they are rightfully owed.
Who can apply for a UK tax rebate from Ireland?
If you have paid income tax on your salary, you are eligible to apply for a tax rebate. This claim can be backdated going back 4 years and can be made even if you are already back in Ireland. But no-one receives their refund automatically, you have to get it back yourself.
Why would I be due UK tax back when I’m moving to Ireland?
You can claim tax back if:
- You leave the UK in the middle of a tax year and you have not used all of your tax free allowance.
- You’ve worked under the CIS scheme as a self employed sub contractor
- You haven’t reclaimed tax relief on your job expenses like purchasing your own work tools, travel and accommodation costs and washing work uniform.
- You are a UK non-resident or a UK non-resident landlord.
How much tax can I claim back?
The average claim for one of our Irish clients is over £900, with no upper limit being in place. Every case is different, but we’ll apply the regulations to your own set of circumstances and calculate your tax refund figure.
Neither the UK’s HMRC, nor Ireland’s Revenue consider your UK tax rebate to be taxable income; so you receive the full amount.
What do I need to make a UK tax rebate claim from Ireland?
- P85, which we’ll give you, confirms when you left the UK and contains other information about your UK and foreign employment status.
- P45, everyone gets one of these when they leave a UK employer. It’s not vital you have it, but it helps.
How do I get this UK tax back from Ireland?
We understand all of the regulations and have an excellent professional relationship with the Tax Office, so we save you the time and stress of filling in complicated forms and sitting in phone queues. We also make certain that you receive all of the legitimate UK tax reliefs you are allowed. You just need to give us some basic information and wait for the cheque!
How does Tax Rebate Services help me with my UK tax rebate claim from Ireland?
We have built solid relationships with Irish citizens for over 15 years. Our top-class service has been trusted to deliver many successful tax rebates and submitted hundreds of tax returns on behalf of our Irish clients.
- Transparent fee structure with nothing to pay upfront and no nasty surprises
- Peace of mind with our qualified tax professionals
- No hassle because we take care of everything, from start to finish
- Guaranteed maximum number of tax reliefs included