Can I claim tax relief on my UCU fees?

Teachers, Tutors, and Lecturers paying the cost of belonging to the University and College Union can usually claim tax relief on those fees.

HMRC have agreed that members are able to claim tax relief on 67% of the annual membership fee.

Can I claim UCU tax relief for my whole career?

An initial UCU tax rebate submission can be backdated for four tax years only.

Future savings

When your claim has completed and you have received your tax rebate for the last four years your tax code will usually be increased, as the allowance will be put into your code for your UCU fees. This decreases your tax payments for the rest of your professional career.

Can I claim for anything else?

When making a UCU tax rebate claim many education professionals can also claim a tax rebate for other professional fees and for purchasing and laundering any specialist clothing. In addition, tax relief can be claimed for using your own car for business travel and working from home.

Our UCU tax rebate services

You can use our service to reclaim your tax rebate on UCU fees and other job expenses. We have over 15 years’ experience in dealing with professionals from the education industry. With our knowledge we can guarantee you are refunded all of the tax you are owed within a safe and simple claims process.

Fill in the easy contact form below to start your claim today.


Tax Refund Calculator

To find out how much you could be owed - CLICK HERE


Subscribe to our newsletter to get the best ways to pay less tax and save money. It's all FREE and no spam promise.


Start my UCU tax rebate claim today...

Contact us today & get a FREE eBook

“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”

1 Just fill out the form below and we'll do the rest...

Fields marked with * are compulsory.

Tell us about yourself
First Name
Last Name
House Name or Number

Town or City
Post Code
Phone Number

Tell us about your job
What's your job title?*
What's your tax code taken from a recent payslip? For example 1234L

Please leave this field empty.



2 OR call our tax experts 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477...

3 OR email us at

More Teacher Tax Rebate FAQs:


Back to Top
Back to Top