Can I claim an NASUWT tax rebate?

Yes. If you pay into the National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers you can claim NASUWT tax relief on two thirds of your annual subscription.

Your NASUWT tax rebate can be backdated for the last four tax years. When your claim is finished you’ll be given a new tax code, which reduces your monthly tax bill and continues your savings.

Can NASUWT members claim tax relief for anything else?

Many members of the NASUWT have other job related costs which tax relief can be claimed on. Some common examples are:

Most expenses need to be backed up by receipts proving what you have spent. If you haven’t kept any from the past it’s best to start from now to ensure you have what you need in the future.

You can use our free income tax and tax rebates guides to learn more about the UK tax system and how you can make tax savings.

How do I claim my NASUWT tax rebate?

NASUWT members should claim any tax relief due by making a submission directly to the tax office (HMRC). You can make a submission either by post or through HMRC’s online portal. If you have claimed before for your NASUWT fees you can call HMRC and update your record over the phone.

It normally takes up to 12 weeks to get a reply in writing from the tax office letting you know the outcome and if you are due a tax rebate.

Back to Top
Back to Top