Can I claim tax relief on my UCU fees?

Teachers, Tutors, and Lecturers paying professional fees into the University and College Union can usually claim tax relief on those fees. HMRC have agreed that tax relief can be claimed on 67% of the annual membership fee.


How far back can I claim?

If you have not claimed before for your UCU fees you can make a UCU tax rebate claim for the last four tax years.


What else should I know?

When your claim has completed and you have received your tax rebate for the last four years your tax code will usually be increased, as the allowance will be put into your code for your UCU fees. This will result in you paying less tax in future years in your profession, unless your circumstances change.


Can I claim for anything else?

When making a UCU tax rebate claim many education professionals can also claim a tax rebate for other professional fees, and for purchasing and laundering specialist clothing. In addition tax relief can be claimed for using their own car for business travel, and using your own home for work purposes.

Keep in touch

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the best ways to pay less tax and save money. It's all FREE and no spam promise.


Tax Refund Calculator

To find out how much you could be owed - CLICK HERE


Start my UCU tax rebate claim today...

Contact us today & get a FREE eBook

“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”

1 Just fill out the form below and we'll do the rest...

Fields marked with * are compulsory.

Tell us about yourself

Tell us about your job

How would you like to receive your claim pack?
 Post me the forms Email me the forms (you will need a printer to get the forms)

Please leave this field empty.

2 OR call our tax experts 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477...

3 OR email us at



Back to Top