Can I claim a UNISON tax rebate?

If you pay UNISON membership fees, you might be due a UNISON tax rebate. Unison tax relief can be claimed on 70% of your annual fee. Unfortunately, not all UNISON members in the health industry qualify for a tax relief claim.

It has been agreed with HMRC that the following sectors are eligible to claim a tax rebate on their UNISON fees.

  • General Manager and Senior sector
  • Professional and Technical ‘A’ sector
  • Professional and Technical ‘B’ sector
  • Nursing sector
  • Ambulance sector
  • Voluntary sector


Are there other work expenses I can claim tax relief for?

At the same time as claiming your UNISON rebate you can apply for tax relief on other work costs you incur.

For example:

  • Professional fees like the NMC
  • Uniform washing
  • Travel because of your job; like visiting clients in the community. Includes public transport and private vehicle usage.


New tax code

When your claim completes you should receive a new tax code increasing your tax free personal allowance. When this happens you will start paying less tax and make tax savings in the future.


How do I claim my UNISON tax relief?

Tax Rebate Services has been working with UNISON members for over 16 years. We make a difficult process easy and make sure you get the maximum possible tax rebate.

  • Professional UNISON tax rebate service – We maintain our reputation for excellent customer service by insisting on using highly qualified and fully regulated tax experts.
  • Maximum UNISON tax rebate guaranteed – Our experience ensures you get your maximum legitimate entitlements as quickly as possible.
  • Easy – we deal with all tax office correspondence and any phone calls.

Tax Refund Calculator

To find out how much you could be owed - CLICK HERE


Subscribe to our newsletter to get the best ways to pay less tax and save money. It's all FREE and no spam promise.


Start my UNISON tax rebate claim today...

Contact us today & get a FREE eBook

“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”

1 Just fill out the form below and we'll do the rest...

Fields marked with * are compulsory.

Tell us about yourself
First Name*
Last Name*
House Name or Number*

Town or City
Post Code*
Phone Number

Tell us about your job
What's your job title?*
In what year did you start working in your profession?
Do you wash your own uniform or protective clothing for work use?
 Yes No
Do you use your own car for work other than normal commuting?
 Yes No
What's your tax code taken from a recent payslip? For example 1234L

Please leave this field empty.



2 OR call our tax experts 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477...

3 OR email us at




Back to Top
Back to Top