Uniform Tax Calculator
We’ve been claiming back uniform rebates for our clients for over 15 years.
With millions of pounds claimed back already we’ve listed below just some of the trades and professions that we have helped over the years.
- Health workers including Nurses, Doctors, and Care Workers
- Construction workers including Joiners, Builders, and Electricians
- Security Guards
- Cabin Crew
- Police officers including dog handlers and PSCO’s
- Retail workers
This list is not all inclusive and anyone else who wears a uniform or protective clothing for work is entitled to claim a tax rebate for their uniform laundry costs. You can find a full list of all the trades and professions on our flat rate expenses table.
Who is the uniform tax calculator for?
The uniform tax calculator is for anyone who is employed and earns enough to pay tax. The uniform allowance is available to everyone, regardless of your job description.
How much is it worth?
The uniform tax allowance is agreed by HMRC. The basic refund is £60 per tax year, but this can increase to as much as £720 per year depending on the type of job you have. Other tax code allowances have been approved by HMRC to cover the cost of other work related expenses like hand tools bought by a joiner.
Saving you money
It’s your responsibility to reclaim your tax rebate on uniform and for any other costs incurred at work. Making a claim will save you money now and in the future too.
You will get:
- A tax rebate for the last four tax years.
- A new tax code reflecting your uniform washing allowance and any other expenses you have. This means you will pay less tax and get more take home pay.
Can I claim anything else?
At the same time as claiming back tax relief on your uniform you can apply other types of expenses. Some of the popular expenses we claim back for our clients are:
- Professional and Union fees
- Tools and equipment
- Travel to temporary places of work either in your own vehicle or by public transport
- Use of home for work
Finding out if you can claim for more than just your uniform can really pay off. Our average tax rebate is worth more than £900 because we make sure you get back every single penny of legitimate tax relief.
Tax Rebate for uniform example
Chris has been a mechanic for 15 years and contacted Tax Rebate Services to help him claim a tax rebate for the washing of his protective clothing. After a quick phone call we found out that Chris had spent thousands of pounds on tools he has to buy to do his job. Because of this we made a claim for uniform relief and made a capital allowances claim for tools bought for work. Chris got a total tax rebate of £1873 and is keeping all of his receipts for his tools to make another claim next year!
Start your uniform claim today
Our quick and easy uniform claim service will guide you through the process. We will review your claim making sure you secure the highest rebate in the quickest time.
Our uniform service:
- Apply online or by phone
- Managed by qualified tax experts
- Free review to ensure you get back everything you are owed
- Guarantee you the highest rebate
- We track your claim to make sure it completes in the quickest time
- No rebate no fee guarantee