Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate Guide

Start My Healthcare Tax Rebate Today:

Just fill out the form below and we will call or email you back. Or download the Healthcare Tax Claim PDF forms.

Tell Us About Yourself

Tell Us About Your Job

helpful tipThe uniform should have a company logo and is washed by yourself. Do you wash your own uniform or specialist clothing?
For how many years have you been employed in your current role?

We will never sell your email address to any 3rd party or send you nasty spam. Promise!

Thomas Donohoe is licensed and regulated by AAT under licence number 452

The vast majority of professionals that work in the health industry are eligible to claim a healthcare worker tax rebate.

There are a number of reasons why you could be entitled to claim a healthcare worker tax rebate, ranging from washing your own uniform to using your own car. A healthcare worker tax rebate claim can be made for the last four tax years and should mean you pay less tax in the future.

Healthcare worker tax rebate for professional fees"Just the type of company I like to deal with. No hard sell, just the facts and an offer of your service.  It has been a pleasure from start to finish, and I got a refund of over two hundred pounds."
Mrs Reid, Midwife, Kent,
Received a
£208 RCM tax rebate

Healthcare worker tax rebate for professional fees

One of the most common healthcare worker tax rebates available is for the payment of professional fees. HMRC allows tax relief on the payment of fees into many professional bodies, for example a nurse can make a claim for RCN tax relief or UNISON tax relief.

As well as receiving an initial tax rebate backdated for the last four tax years the allowable tax relief will be reflected in your tax code, resulting in you paying less tax in all future years.

Healthcare worker uniform tax rebate

HMRC allows tax relief on the cost of laundry, if your employer does not provide laundry facilities, or cleaning vouchers, and you meet the cost of laundry personally. A health worker tax rebate is only available for the laundering of a uniform used for work use.

The current washing of uniform allowance for a healthcare worker is worth £100 per tax year.

Healthcare worker tax rebate for the cost of shoes and tights

Tax relief is available for many healthcare workers for the purchase of shoes and tights. To be eligible for tax relief the items must be purchased for work use and you must not be reimbursed by your employer.

HMRC currently allows an amount of £6 for tights and £12 for shoes per tax year.

Tax relief for business mileage / use of car for work purposes

Many healthcare workers use their own vehicles for work, for example to visit patients in the community. It is possible to claim tax relief for using your own car for work purposes. To be eligible for a tax rebate the mileage incurred must be classed as business mileage. HMRC does not recognise normal commuting to one permanent place of employment as being business mileage.

HMRC ask for records to be provided showing locations visited with dates and the mileage incurred. These records can be, for example, in the form of timesheets or pay slips. If mileage records have not been kept Tax Rebate Services has a high success rate in securing a business mileage tax rebate through negotiating with HMRC and can potentially help you further.

Tax relief for assets / equipment purchased for work use

HMRC allows tax relief on the costs of assets and equipment purchased for work use, for example a doctor purchasing a lap-top or office desk. To qualify for tax relief the purchase has to have been made to enhance the performance of your employment duties and must not have been provided by your employer.

A healthcare worker tax rebate claim of this type is made under the capital allowances rulings. It is generally accepted that if the purchase has a lifespan of more than two years it will permissible for tax relief by HMRC. HMRC expect a receipt/proof of purchase to be kept. The time limit for such a claim is dependent on whether you have completed a self assessment tax return.

How do I make a claim?

Tax Rebate Services specialises in helping healthcare workers claim tax relief on expenses. We use qualified accountants to make the process simple and hassle free for you. As a member of the AAT you can guarantee your claim will be dealt with safely and securely. 

To make a claim just fill in an easy healthcare worker tax rebate form or call 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477 today.

Find us on facebook Follow us on Twitter YOUTUBE  Google+
Opening Hours: We are open 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.

© Unit 29, Carlisle Enterprise Centre, James Street, Carlisle CA2 5BB, UK
Registered under the Data Protection Act | Registered in England number 5079178 | VAT No: 889 3389 48