Mechanic Tool Tax Rebate Claim Process
We have a 98% success rate with our mechanics’ tool tax rebate claims. The same tool tax rebate process applies to other trades people who have to buy their own tools and equipment for work too.
Since 2002 we have finely tuned our claims process to maximum tax efficiency and total accuracy. We are finding an increasing number of our clients coming to us after submitting an unsuccessful claim themselves.
We thought it would be useful for anyone considering putting in a claim to see what we have to do to maximise each capital allowances claim for tools. It is not a straightforward process and it is very easy to make a mistake, which usually results in a claim being rejected or you missing out on all of the money you are owed.
This is how we get it right every time:
- You send us your signed forms and tool receipts or activity reports from your tool provider. We get them in the mail and confirm this to you.
- We highlight each eligible purchase. Capital allowances rulings state that not all purchases are eligible. If you do not go through and identify your eligible purchases your claim will be rejected.
- If you provide activity reports without descriptions we enter a description for each eligible purchase for HMRC purposes.
- We put each purchase into its relevant tax year.
- We enter all eligible purchases from each tax year into a capital allowances schedule. We strictly apply the capital allowances rulings and deadlines because, if you don’t, your claim will be rejected.
- Under the capital allowance rulings, we make sure that brought forward and carried forward figures are used to ensure you receive the tax relief you are due; now and in the future. We maximise how much you get back by bringing forward expenses into future tax years too.
- We apply any other allowable expenses that mechanics can claim for, like IMI fees and uniform washing, all at the same time.
- We complete any self assessment tax returns that are necessary as part of our service.
- We track your claim from the moment we sent it to HMRC, so we can help them complete your claim as quickly as possible.
- We check your payment from HMRC to ensure it is accurate.
- You receive your tax rebate cheque.
Our trusted tool tax rebate service
Maybe you’re looking at that list and thinking ‘don’t think I’ll bother with that at all, looks too complicated for me’. The thing is you don’t have to bother with it; we will do all the leg work for you. Our no rebate, no fee policy means that you won’t be out of pocket unless you get some money back.
Our independent reviews are testament to the service we provide.
If you go for it yourself and do make mistakes, you need to know that you will experience long delays and HMRC can dish out hefty fines. The simplest thing for you to do is get in touch and let us sort out your mechanics’ tools claim for you.
Tool Tax Refund Calculator
Calculate your Mechanics tax rebate today
Use the tool tax refund calculator to find out how much you can reclaim. Just enter the total of how much you’ve spent on tools and the calculator will let you know how much you can claim.
- How many years can I claim for?
- I’ve gone self employed – can I still claim tool tax relief?
- Can I claim for my uniform?
- I have claimed before, can I claim again?
- What is a tool allowance?
- What are capital allowances?
- Can I claim tax relief on my finance payments?
- What do I need to claim a mechanics’ tools tax back?
- What is EIM 36870?
- Can a Mechanic claim tax relief on software agreements?
- Does making a tool tax rebate claim affect my employer?
- Can I claim a tax rebate for a toolbox?
- Can I claim for tools bought on finance?
- Can I claim a tool tax rebate for MAC tools?
- Can I claim a tool tax rebate for Snap on tools?
- Can you claim VAT on tools?
- Why use Tax Rebate Services for your tool tax rebate claim?
- I am a motorcycle mechanic, can I claim a tax rebate?
- Can I claim tax back on tools bought for work?
- Will I automatically get a tool tax rebate?
- Can I claim a tool tax rebate and uniform tax rebate at the same time?
- How much will I get for a tool tax rebate?
- How much tax refund will I get as a mechanic?
- How far back can I claim a tool tax rebate?
- Can I claim a tool tax rebate for tools I bought today?
- How much tax rebate will I get for a toolbox?
- Can I claim a mechanic tax rebate every year?
- How much does it cost to claim a tool tax rebate?
- Is a mechanics tax rebate automatically refunded?
- Can I use my mechanic tax rebate to buy more tools, then claim again?
- Are tools tax deductible?
- How much can you claim for tools without receipts?
- Can I claim my tools on my tax return?
- Can I claim a tax refund on tools and fuel at the same time?
- Do I qualify for a tax rebate on tools if I’m not self employed?