Mechanics Tax Rebate FAQs
We find that mechanics have to spend more on tools and equipment to do their job than in any other industry. It is a costly expense with most mechanics not getting any financial help from their employers.
The good news is that capital allowances can be claimed on the vast majority of tools, tool boxes, and other equipment bought for work. You can also claim a mechanics rebate on the interest part of finance payments and for washing your own protective work clothing.
Our tool tax back calculator is a great way to estimate the value of your tool tax rebate.
Since 2002 our tax experts have been helping mechanics get back what they are owed.
Mechanics tax rebates
- How many years can I claim a tool tax rebate for?
- How much tax refund will I get as a mechanic?
- What do I need to claim a mechanics’ tools tax back?
- Is a mechanics tax rebate automatically refunded?
- Can a Mechanic claim tax relief on software agreements?
- I am a motorcycle mechanic, can I claim a tax rebate?
- Can I use my mechanic tax rebate to buy more tools, then claim again?
- Can I claim a mechanic tax rebate every year?
- I have claimed a tool tax rebate before, can I claim again?
- Can I claim tax relief on finance payments made for tools?
- What is a mechanics flat rate expense allowance?
- What is EIM 36870 for capital allowances?
Tool tax rebates
- Are tools tax deductible?
- Can I claim tax back on tools bought for work?
- How far back can I claim a tool tax rebate?
- Do I qualify for a tax rebate on tools if I’m not self employed?
- How much will I get for a tool tax rebate?
- How much tax rebate will I get for a toolbox?
- Can I claim a tax rebate for a toolbox?
- Can I claim for tools bought on finance?
- Will I automatically get a tool tax rebate?
- Can I claim a tool tax rebate for tools I bought today?
- Can I claim a tool tax rebate for MAC tools?
- Can I claim a tool tax rebate for Snap on tools?
- Can you claim VAT on tools?
- What is a tool allowance?
- How much can you claim for tools without receipts?
- Does making a tool tax rebate claim affect my employer?
- What are capital allowances for tools?