Institute of Civil Engineering Tax Relief

Institute of Civil Engineering

Claiming tax relief on ICE fees

The Institute of civil engineering subscription is approved by HMRC for tax relief, meaning ICE members could save money on their ICE membership fees if they are UK tax payers.
You can make a claim for tax relief on your ICE fees for the previous four tax years. Other expenses like washing your own uniform and travel can also be claimed.

How do I claim tax relief?

Tax Rebate Services specialises in helping ICE members. We can help you claim tax relief on your membership fees and other job related costs, such as using your own car for work purposes and buying tools and equipment for work use.

Who can claim?

All members can claim tax relief on their ICE membership fees. If you are making a tax relief claim for the first time you can claim for the current, and previous four tax years.

How much will I get back?

The amount you will get back will depend on how much your fees are and the bracket in which you pay tax. Typically a member can claim 20% of your ICE membership  fee.

Make A Claim Today

Tax Rebate Services will use qualified experts to help claim back the tax relief you are entitled to.


Are you owed a tax rebate? Find out today…

Contact us today & get a FREE eBook

“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”

1 Just fill out the form below and we’ll do the rest…

Fields marked with * are compulsory.

Tell us about yourself
Full Name
Phone Number

Address Look Up

Address Line 1*

Address Line 2
Town or City

Post Code*

Tell us about your job
What’s your job title?*
Do you pay into a professional body?
 Yes No
What’s the name of the professional body or union you pay into?
What year did you start paying your membership?
What’s the cost of your membership per year?
Do you buy tools for your job?*
 Yes No
Do you travel to different places of work using your own car?*
 Yes No
Do you wash your own uniform or protective clothing?*
 Yes No
What’s your tax code taken from a recent payslip? For example 1234L

Please leave this field empty.



2 OR call our tax experts 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477…

3 OR email us at



Tony Shanks
Operations Director
Member of the ATT


If you enjoyed this article please share it with your friends:


Tax Refund Calculator

To find out how much you could be owed - CLICK HERE


Back to Top
Back to Top