Can I claim NMC tax relief?

Yes. If you pay for your NMC fee yourself you will be eligible to claim a tax rebate on the cost. All registered Nurses need to be a member of the Nursing Midwifery Council ( NMC ), and most need to pay for it themselves. An agreement is in place that tax relief can be claimed back on 100% of the cost of NMC registration.

How far back can I claim for?

Four years is as far back as you can go. When you make a claim you’ll get any tax relief you are owed for the last four years, and get a new tax code meaning you will pay less tax in the future.

Can I claim for anything else?

It’s likely that as a Nurse or healthcare professional you’ll have other expenses because of your job. Tax relief can be claimed back on some of these costs like:

  • Other professional bodies or a union for example the RCN or UNISON, if this is the case these fees are normally available for tax relief and can be included in your NMC tax relief claim.
  • Washing of your own uniform and you are not provided facilities by your employer,
  • Shoes and tights
  • Using your own car in the course of your duties, but not for normal commuting,
  • Equipment that you have to buy for work

How do I make a claim?

You can use our service which has been helping Nurses and healthcare professionals for a long time. We make it easy and ensure you get all you are entitled to in the shortest time.

Don't think you qualify?

You may be surprised

“A friend recommended your company to me, as you’d got her a refund on her tax. I have been a Nurse for 5 years and didn’t even know I could claim. The advisor was helpful and friendly and could answer all my questions. Thank you for all your help.”

T Ball, Nurse, Merseyside,

Received a £262 NMC tax refund


Start my NMC tax rebate claim today...

Contact us today & get a FREE eBook

“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”

1 Just fill out the form below and we'll do the rest...

Fields marked with * are compulsory.

Tell us about yourself

Tell us about your job

Do you wash your own uniform or protective clothing for work use?
 Yes No

Do you use your own car for work other than normal commuting?
 Yes No

How would you like to receive your claim pack?
(If you don't have a printer please select post me the forms)
 Post me the forms Email me the forms

Please leave this field empty.

2 OR call our tax experts 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477...

3 OR email us at


Help the NSPCC…

We’re proud to support the NSPCC by donating 1% of all net profits received from all our Tax Rebate Services. Use our service and help a child.

Back to Top