Privacy & Cookies Policy
- We will also collect information about you using cookies.
Whether through cookies or otherwise, we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, although such data may not always be held or processed in such a way that it is linked to you.
Cookies are small files that are written or downloaded to your computer’s hard drive when you access a website. A range of cookies are used across the internet, and can in some cases be used to monitor how an individual uses the internet and to build a profile of that person for marketing purposes. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. The individual cookies we use and a summary of the purposes for which we use them are shown in the table below:
|__utma||Google Analytics. This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to this site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits this site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to this site and it is updated with each page view. Expiration: 2 years from set/update.|
|__utmb||Google Analytics. This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with this site. When a user views a page on this site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on this site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on your site for longer than 30 minutes. Expiration: 30 minutes from set/update.|
|__utmz||Google Analytics. This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach this site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to this site. Expiration: 6 months from set/update.|
- How do we store your information?
The information you provide to us will be stored and processed on servers based within the European Economic Union, however you agree by submitting your personal information and using our website that we may transfer, store and process your information outside of the European Economic Union if we wish to. Whilst we take all reasonable steps to protect personal information obtained by us, we cannot guarantee the security of any information sent to us on-line as the internet is not a secure medium. We will only retain your information for a reasonable period or for so long as either you or applicable law or regulation permits.
- How do we use your information?
We may use information held about you to:
- Provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us.
- Provide you, where you have consented, with information in relation to both our own and third party products and services which we feel may be of interest to you, as may our group companies.
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Where you have consented, we may also use share your information with carefully selected third parties in accordance with such consent in order for such third parties to inform you of any products or services they feel you may be interested in.
- How will we share your information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell any business or assets, such as customer databases in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers will be acquired by such third party.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligation to do so.
- To enforce or apply our website terms and conditions or any other agreements with you.
- To protect our rights, property, safety and/or that of other persons.
- Where they are subcontractors, agents or suppliers whom we use during the course of our business activities and/or during the course of providing services to you.
We may also disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies or any joint venture company or partnership which we may form part of. The phrase ‘group of companies’ covers our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. Each of these concepts is defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- What rights do you have? And what happens if there is a problem?
You can check the information we hold or ask us to amend any inaccuracies in such information or request its removal by writing to us or emailing us at the above addresses. We may charge you a reasonable administration fee for complying with such requests. Such fee will be subject to any limits imposed by applicable data protection law. We also reserve the right to use reasonable measures to check your identity before disclosing any information to you.
Please advise us as soon as possible by e-mailing us or writing to us at the above addresses if:
- at any point you wish to withdraw any consents you have given, for example, if you no longer wish to receive any of our services for which you have subscribed; or
- if any of the personal information that you have disclosed to us changes for whatever reason.
- Your rights to your personal data
As a user of www.taxrebateservices.co.uk you have the right to request any personal information that we hold on you. If you require a copy of the personal information that is held on under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) please write to the address below.
Data Protection Officer
Unit 29 Carlisle Enterprise Centre
All enquires must enclose two forms of personal identification which states your name, address and or date of birth and one cheque for the total of £10 made payable to www.taxrebateservices.co.uk which covers the administrative cost for providing your personal information.
How to contact us…
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be e-mailed to us at [email protected]