Security Workers Tax Rebates

If you work in the security industry you could be owed a tax rebate for some of your work related expenses.

Can I Claim For My Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) Licence?

To work in security you will generally need to have a security industry association (SIA) licence. In addition depending on your job requirements, you may need a public space surveillance (CCTV) licence. The security industry association has an agreement in place which allows tax relief to be claimed back on the cost of your CCTV licence fee.

Is There Anything Else I Can Claim For?

As part of a claim for your SIA and CCTV licence you can also claim tax relief on other job related expenses like:

  • Buying equipment such as torches
  • Washing your own uniform
  • Using your own vehicle to travel to different sites but not normal commuting

How Do I Make A Claim?

If you need to make a claim for a tax rebate we can help you further. Tax Rebate Services has helped countless security workers claim back tax rebates for the last four tax years.

We will make the process simple dealing with your claim from start to finish



Are you due a tax rebate?

Contact us today & get a FREE eBook

“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”

1 Just fill out the form below and we’ll do the rest…

Fields marked with * are compulsory.

Tell us about yourself
Full Name*
Phone number

Address Look Up

Address Line 1*

Address Line 2
Town or City

Post Code*

Tell us about your job
What’s your job title?*
Do you wash your own uniform or protective clothing for work?*

 Yes No

How many years have you washed your own uniform or protective clothing for work?
Do you travel to different places of work using your own car or public transport? For example a builder traveling to different building sites
 Yes No
What’s your tax code taken from a recent payslip? For example 1234L

Please leave this field empty.



2 OR call our tax experts 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477…

3 OR email us at



Tony Shanks
Operations Director
Member of the ATT


If you enjoyed this article please share it with your friends:


Tax Refund Calculator

To find out how much you could be owed - CLICK HERE


Back to Top
Back to Top