Social Workers Tax Rebates

Social Workers Tax Rebates

As a social worker it is likely you will pay membership into a professional body or union. As a result you should be eligible to claim for tax relief on your membership fees. Many but not all professional bodies and unions have an agreement with HMRC, which allows for tax relief to be claimed back.

Tax Relief Can Be Claimed For The:

  • General Social Care Council (now HCPC)
  • Health and Care Professions Council
  • Unison
  • British Association of Social Workers

These are just few, so its worth checking to see if tax relief is available for a body or union not in this list.

How Far Back Can I Claim?

A healthcare worker tax rebate claim can be backdated for the last four tax years. A change in your tax code at the end of your claim will mean you will pay less tax in the future.

Can I Claim A Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate For Anything Else?

Social workers can claim for other job related expenses. Popular expenses include using your own car for work purposes, for example traveling to clients in the community. You can also claim tax relief for the washing of your own uniform and using your own home for work purposes.

How Do I Make A Social Worker Tax Rebate Claim?

Tax Rebate Services specialises in helping social workers and healthcare professionals. We know what can be claimed and how to claim back everything you are entitled to.


Are you owed a tax rebate? Find out today…

Contact us today & get a FREE eBook

“11 Ways to Pay Less Tax”

1 Fields marked with * are compulsory.

Tell us about yourself
Full Name*
Phone Number

Address Look Up

Address Line 1*

Address Line 2
Town or City

Post Code*

Tell us about your job
What’s your job title?*
In what year did you start working in your profession?
Do you wash your own uniform or protective clothing for work use?
 Yes No
Do you use your own car for work other than normal commuting?
 Yes No
What’s your tax code taken from a recent payslip? For example 1234L

Please leave this field empty.



2 OR call our tax experts 01228 520477

3 OR email us at



Tony Shanks
Operations Director
Member of the ATT


If you enjoyed this article please share it with your friends:


Tax Refund Calculator

To find out how much you could be owed - CLICK HERE


Back to Top
Back to Top

4.91 Average

54 Reviews


Excellent service with great communication! Would definitely recommend

Posted 1 day ago

Marie Brown

You've made my landlord tax return really easy. I would definitely recommend you.

Posted 4 days ago

Neil Borthwick

Didn’t know I could even claim for my expenses for the last four years. See you next year

Posted 5 days ago


Excellent landlord tax return service. You’ve made it a lot easier than doing it myself and reduced my taxable income saving me money. See you next year. Thanks again.

Posted 2 weeks ago


Great tax return service. Saved me time and money in the end. I’ll be back next year…

Posted 2 weeks ago


Really easy to do, thank you.

Posted 4 weeks ago


Excellent job. Sorted everything out and liaised with our payroll team to resolve queries.

Posted 1 month ago


Excellent service thank you for all the assistance. I will definitely recommend your services to anybody who requires assistance in this regard.

Posted 1 month ago


Great landlord tax return service, quick and very helpful. I will be back next year.

Posted 1 month ago


Really efficient service and easy to apply . Thanks for the help . I will definitely reccomend to someone in the future

Posted 1 month ago